Thursday, July 5, 2007

Curtain Call?

Did you even want to hold me then
When we stood in the dark with an iceberg between us
Did all you have to offer
Leave me feeling used, confused and alone as it was

What will it come to if I have to ask for a touch?
If you can't embrace me like we do when we smile
But when the smiles are gone there isn't much
And I have been banished, alone in exile

Let go of your inhibitions
Maybe you'll find me waiting
Swallow your pride and accept the situation
Then realise that isolation is what I'm facing
This is not a competition...

Aren't we two acting as one?
But why do you scurry into your hole
When it's perfectly serene, where I am
Or are you afraid all that you'll meet is the cold

But you say its me
When you can ignore it so easily

Do you think you're alone in this
Is that how you'd rather it be?
What you fail to see is that I'm right here waiting
Oh baby why don't you just drop it and run to me?

Must I wait in torment to see if your gaze should return
While my heart closes what you have opened so easily
Do you really want it this way?
For if it's so your wish will realise itself eventually

Fight with me cry with me
Give me the respect you deserve
Run away leave me alone
You just might curtain call this love

No comments: